Speaking Guides & TipsThe Elevator Pitch. Can you describe your project clearly and persuasively in 30 seconds? These videos may help!
- The Elevator Pitch
- Perfecting Your Elevator Pitch
- The Successful Elevator Pitch
- Elevator Pitch Winner of the University of Dayton's Business Plan Competition
Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) celebrates PhD student research. Developed by the University of Queensland in Australia, "the exercise cultivates students' academic, presentation, and
research communication skills. The competition supports their capacity
to effectively explain their research in three minutes, in a language
appropriate to a non-specialist audience."
- The 3MT home page includes examples of winning 3MT presentations from around the world
- 3MT Competition at WVU
- Preparing for 3MT--Tips
Preparing Audience-Sensitive Presentations and Workshops--by Maha Bali, The Chronicle of Higher Education, 31 May 2016
- How to Create and Deliver an Assertion-Evidence Presentation with thanks to Michael Alley at Penn State
- Find more speaking resources linked to the Craft of Scientific Writing at Penn State