Speaking Guides & TipsThe Elevator Pitch. Can you describe your project clearly and persuasively in 30 seconds? These videos may help!
6 Elevator Pitches for the 21st Century (from Daniel Pink)
- Perfecting Your Elevator Pitch
- Elevator Pitch Winner of the University of Dayton's Flyer Pitch Competition
- Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) celebrates PhD student research. Developed by the University of Queensland in Australia, the 3MT home page includes examples of winning presentations from around the world.
3 Minute Thesis competition at WVU
- Preparing for 3MT--Tips
- Do you know TED? TED Talks have gone viral. TED curator Chris Anderson shares some features of successful TED presentations.
Preparing Audience-Sensitive Presentations and Workshops--by Maha Bali, The Chronicle of Higher Education, 31 May 2016
- How to Create and Deliver an Assertion-Evidence Presentation with thanks to Michael Alley at Penn State
- Find more speaking resources linked to the Craft of Scientific Writing at Penn State
- Advice to Beginning Physics Speakers (James Garland's brief article is useful for almost anyone new to public speaking)
PACT for Presentations. A quick feedback guide.