Speaking Guides & TipsThe Elevator Pitch. Can you describe your project clearly and persuasively in 30 seconds? These videos may help!
6 Elevator Pitches for the 21st Century (from Daniel Pink)
- Perfecting Your Elevator Pitch
- Elevator Pitch Winner of the University of Dayton's Flyer Pitch Competition
- Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) celebrates PhD student research. Developed by the University of Queensland in Australia, "the exercise cultivates students' academic, presentation, and research communication skills. The competition supports their capacity to effectively explain their research in three minutes, in a language appropriate to a non-specialist audience." The 3MT home page includes examples of winning presentations from around the world.
3 Minute Thesis competition at WVU
- Preparing for 3MT--Tips
- Do you know TED? TED Talks have gone viral. TED curator Chris Anderson shares some features of successful TED presentations.
Preparing Audience-Sensitive Presentations and Workshops--by Maha Bali, The Chronicle of Higher Education, 31 May 2016
- How to Create and Deliver an Assertion-Evidence Presentation with thanks to Michael Alley at Penn State
- Find more speaking resources linked to the Craft of Scientific Writing at Penn State
- Advice to Beginning Physics Speakers (James Garland's brief article is useful for almost anyone new to public speaking)
PACT for Presentations. A quick feedback guide.