SpeakWrite™ Certified Courses
Courses that have been SpeakWrite™ certified by the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences foster effective communication skills by:
- Emphasizing informal and formal modes of communication
- Teaching discipline-specific communication techniques
- Using a process-based approach to learning that provides opportunities for feedback and revision
- Basing a substantial portion of the final grade on successful spoken and/or written performance
- Using questions related to purpose, audience, conventions, and trouble spots (PACT) to guide effective speaking and writing.
A list of certified courses can be downloaded as an
Excel file (which will open in a new window). The list will be
updated regularly. Simply check the file name for the date (e.g., 2019-12-05_SpeakWrite_Certified.xlsx is an Excel file updated on December 5, 2019).