Welcome! The Eberly Writing Studio promotes students' long-term academic success at West Virginia University by supporting effective communication in a variety of ways.
Location & HoursLOCATION: Colson Hall
- Mondays, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 8 a.m - 3 p.m.
- Thursday, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Call 304.293.5788 to schedule an appointment
- OR stop by G02 Colson Hall
- Our Spring 2014 Newsletter is here.
- Follow our blog for writing studio information, activities, and writing tips.
- Like us on Facebook!
How can we help?
All WVU students have the opportunity to work one-on-one with a trained peer consultant on everything from note-taking and pre-writing to revision strategies, editing, and effective presentation techniques. We do not, however, proofread. Instead, we help you become better writers, speakers, and editors of your own work. If you need more info, please visit the FAQ Page.
Faculty & Grad Students
- Grad Students: schedule a writing consultation appointment (Note: Look for times reserved for graduate students.)
- Classroom Support:
- Submit a speaking or writing assignment for feedback from a Student Consultant
- Schedule a classroom visit by calling the Writing Studio.
- Web resources: we hope you will explore our collection of resources for writing and speaking across the disciplines.
- Need more info? Try the FAQ Page.