Welcome! The Eberly Writing Studio promotes students' long-term academic success at West Virginia University by supporting effective communication in a variety of ways.
Location & HoursLOCATION: Colson G02
SPRING HOURS BEGIN on January 16:
- Monday - Thursday, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Call us for Evansdale Library, tutoring hours
If you'd like to schedule an appointment, you can call us: 304.293.5788, stop by G02 Colson Hall, or schedule your own appointment on-line (see instructions below).
If you are an undergraduate:
- Visit https://wvu.campus.eab.com
- Log-in with your Mix credentials
- Choose a student service and click "Get Tutoring"
- Select "Writing Tutoring," OR "Public Speaking Services"
- Choose "What location do you prefer?" AND, select "Eberly Writing Studio"
- If you'd like an hour-long appointment, please select two, half-hour blocks.
If you are having trouble using the new system to schedule an appointment, check out our guide, or contact Writing Studio Coordinator, Dr. Nathalie Singh-Corcoran (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are a graduate student, follow steps 1-3 above. At step 4, select "Graduate Tutoring." Steps 5 & 6 are the same as above.
How can we help?
All WVU students have the opportunity to work one-on-one with a trained peer consultant on everything from note-taking and pre-writing to revision strategies, editing, and effective presentation techniques. We do not, however, proofread. Instead, we help you become better writers, speakers, and editors of your own work. If you need more info, please visit the FAQ Page.
Faculty & Grad Students
- Grad Students: The Graduate Writing Studio assists any Master's or doctoral student in the development of the professional skills necessary to complete their graduate programs successfully and prepare for future positions within and beyond the university. The Graduate Studio also offers writing groups, writing retreats, and occasional workshops.
- Classroom Support:
- Submit a speaking or writing assignment for feedback from a Student Consultant
- Schedule a classroom visit by calling the Writing Studio.
- Handouts and Resources: we hope you will explore our collection of writing handouts and speaking resources .
- Need more info? Try the FAQ Page.